Wednesday, April 14, 2010

''Quote Me This'' - The Mid-Week Quiz

Mid-Week Quiz
As it’s Wednesday and I don’t review on a Wednesday (As I have just decided) I am instead going to give a film quiz for those who consider themselves film buffs. This week’s quiz is ‘Quote Me This’’ and as its name suggests, its quotes from various famous and not so famous (Although still very good and popular in their time) films you would’ve and should have seen when you were growing up. Here’s a list of ten quotes starting easy and becoming relatively difficult, I want the film and the Character name from the film (Actor is also excepted but will be omitted in the answers below) and if you wish, the year for the extra good feeling inside. Here they are:


1) "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."

2) "We're gonna need a bigger boat."

3) "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

4) "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

5) "So tell me, Eddie, is that a rabbit in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

6) "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

7) "I'd hate to take a bite out of you. You're a cookie full of arsenic."

8) "Can I borrow your underpants for ten minutes?"

9) "What we've got here is failure to communicate."

10) "One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know."

Google search is not allowed and no aids of any kind, and although I obviously can’t stop you, you will be lying to yourself (I couldn’t care less) and a film buff you are not. The answers are at the bottom for those who didn’t cheat, I must admit they’re all famous quotes but the films may not be:



1. The Godfather, Marlon Brando, 1972      2. Jaws, Chief Martin Brody, 1975      3. Dirty Harry, Harry Callahan, 1971      4. Dr. Strangelove, Merkin Muffley, 1964       5. Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Dolores, 1988       6. Casablanca, Rick Blaine, 1942         7. Sweet Smell of Success, J.J Hunsecker, 1957       8. Sixteen Candles, Samantha, 1984       9. Cool Hand Luke, Captain Luke, 1967       10. Animal Crackers, Capt. Jeffrey T. Spaulding, 1930

2 comments:

  1. imma likin this Blog! good quiz, i knew most of the quotes, but you're right, it is hard to place them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic quotes, nice. (A few there reminded me of 'Multiplex'!)
    I must admit I have only seen Jaws and Roger Rabbit from that list, and even those quotes I could place (Dirty Harry, etc..) I didn't know the character name! Tough!

    This is a cute idea. You should do it by themes if you do quotes again! Like Nineties Comedies or Tarantino Films or whatever. Just an idea!!

    You're on my blogroll, now, too. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete